Dr. James F. Squadrito, Jr., M.D. F.A.C.S. – Pennsylvania Urologist
James F. Squadrito, Jr., M.D.
James F. Squadrito, Jr., M.D. earned his undergraduate degree from Villanova University and his medical degree from Jefferson Medical College. He completed his general surgery residency at the Bryn Mawr Hospital and his urology residency at Thomas Jefferson University. Dr. Squadrito has completed special training in Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripsy Training (ESWL), Laser Certification, and Laparoscopy. He has also published and presented numerous articles on urological treatments and studies. Dr. Squadrito is certified by the American Board of Urology and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
- 1976 – 1980 Jefferson Medical College M.D. Paul Zimskind Urology Award
- 1973 – 1976 Villanova University B.S. – Biology Magna Cum Laude
- 1972 – 1973 Hahnemann University College Accelerated Program
- 1982 – 1985 Thomas Jefferson University Urology Residency Training
- 1980 – 1982 The Bryn Mawr Hospital General Surgery Residency
- 1986 Post Residency Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripsy Training University of Minnesota
- 1986 Laser Certification Methodist Hospital , Philadelphia, PA
- 1991 Laparoscopic Certification
- Chief of the Division of Urology 1999-2003 Department of Surgery Main Line Health System
- The Bryn Mawr Hospital 2000 to present Campus Chief of Urology
- Board of Directors 1999 to present Philadelphia Urologic Society
- President Philadephia Urologic Society 2003 to present
- The Lankenau Hospital Associate Attending Urologist
- Paoli Memorial Hospital Associate Attending Urologist
- Bryn Mawr Rehabilitation Hospital Consulting Urologist
- Thomas Jefferson University Instructor in Urology
- Laparoscopic Training Bryn Mawr Urology Seminars Co-Director
- Principal Investigator for FDA Trial Of Xintec Laser for Prostatectomy
- Vidamed Luminary for TUNA Procedure
- A Principal Investigator for Dendreon – Provenge Prostate Cancer Vaccine- 3 trials
- A Principal Investigator Memocath- Temporary Urethral Stent for Treatment of Urethral Stricture Disease-Boston Scientific
- Investment Committee of Mid-Atlantic Section of American Urologic Society 2004 to Present
- The Bryn Mawr Hospital Tumor Board
- The Main Line Health Medical Executive
- Committee- At Large Representative (Effective 7/03)
- The Bryn Mawr Hospital Staff
- Campus Executive Committee (resigned 7/03)
- Bryn Mawr Hospital Credentials Committee
- Montgomery County Medical Society
- Pennsylvania Medical Society
- American Urologic Association
- Pennsylvania Urologic Association
- Philadelphia Urologic Society
- Society of International Urology
- American Association Of Clinical Urologists
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- Medical Doctor License – Pennsylvania – 1981
- Certification – American Board of Urology February, 1987 Recertification 1995
- American College of Surgeons Fellowship – 1988
Awards & Honors
Awards & Honors
- Paul Zimskind Urology Award – 1980
- Phi Alpha Sigma Medical Fraternity Outstanding Senior Award – 1980
- American Medical Association Physicians Recognition Award
- Elected to Who’s Who Among Outstanding Americans – 1994
- Elected to Marquise’ Who’s Who in the East -1994
- Elected to Marquise’ Who’s Who in Medicine -1995
- Elected to Who’s Who in the Eastern United States – 1997.
- Elected to Who’s Who National Directory Executives and Professionals in the United States – 1997
- America’s Top Docs 2000 and 2002
- Top Docs of the Main Line 2002
- America’s Top Physicians 2003
Publications & Presentations
Publications & Presentations
1. “Sodium Pentosanpolysulphate Treatment of Interstitial Cystitis”, Squadrito, J.F.; Mulholland, S.G.; Baltisch, M.
a. Presented at the Society of University Urologist Meeting, 1985.
b. Presented at American Urologic Society National Meeting by Dr. S. Grant Mulholland – 1985.
2. “Ureteral Ectopia Presenting as Epididymitis and Infertility”, Squadrito, J.F.; Rifkin, M.D.; Mulholland, S.G. Urology Vol. 30, No. 1, p 67, July, 1987.
3. “Lasers in Urology and Laparoscopy”, Squadrito, J.F.
a. Presented at The Bryn Mawr Hospital Bryn Mawr Laparoscopy Seminar – May, 1991.
b. Presented at Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Bryn Mawr Laparoscopy Seminar – June, 1991.
4. “Laparoscopic Renal Exploration and Biopsy”, Squadrito, J.F., Coletta, A.V. J. Laparoendoscopic Surgery, Vol. 1, No. 4. , pp. 235-239, 1991.
5. “Cost Analysis of Open Versus Laparoscopic Lymph Node Dissection”,Squadrito, J.F.; Ellis, D.J.; Sansone, T.C.; Gomella, L.G. Presented at the American Urological Society Mid-Atlantic Section – September, 1992.
6. “Renal Biopsy”, Squadrito, J.F.; Ellis, D.J. in Laparoscopic Urologic Surgery, Gomella, L.G.; Kozminski, M.; Winfield, H.N. eds. Raven Press, New York, NY, 1993.
7. “Alternative Treatments of BPH, Laser Prostatectomy.” Squadrito, J.F., Course Director & Lecturer. Presented at Central Baptist Hospital, Lexington, Kentucky on June 19, 1993.
8. “Laser Assisted TURP”. Squadrito, J.F.; Kulp, D. Presented at Mid-Atlantic Section AUA Meeting, The Breakers, Palm Beach, Florida on September 21, 1993.
9. “Laser Assisted TURP”. Squadrito, J.F., Course Director & Lecturer. Presented at Baptist Hospital, Louisville, Kentucky on October 1, 1993.
10. “The Use of ND/YAG Lasers in Urology and BPH”. Presented by Squadrito, J.F., Visiting Professor Lecture. Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland. October 30, 1993
11. “Advanced Concepts in Laser Assisted Transurethral Prostatectomies”. Squadrito, J.F., Course Co-Director & Lecturer. Missouri Laser Institute, DePaul Hospital, St. Louis, Missouri. November 6, 1993.
12. “ND/YAG Laser Therapy for Bladder Outlet Obstruction Secondary to BPH”. Grasso, M. and Squadrito, J.F., Presented to Japanese Urology Association by Dr. Grasso on November 17, 1993.
13. “Laser Treatment of BPH”. Squadrito, J.F., Presented to New Jersey Chapter of American College of Surgeons, December 4, 1993.
14. “Laser Assisted Transurethral Resection of Prostate”. Squadrito, J.F.; Grasso, M.; and Moreno, J. Presented to Society of International Urology, Sidney, Australia by Dr. Grasso on September 21, 1994.
15. “Reduced Hospitalization and Costs Using a Clinical Pathway for Patients Undergoing Radical Prostatectomy”. Squadrito, J.F.; Thompson, J.W.; Sansone, T.C.; Ellis, D.J.; Clark, A.A., R.N.; and Lara, A.E., R.N. Presented at Mid-Atlantic Section of AUA Fifty-Second Annual Meeting in Philadelphia, PA, September 21 – 24, 1994.
16. “One Year Follow-Up of Non-Contact Laser Prostatectomy”. Squadrito, J.F. and Ellis, D.J. Presented at Mid-Atlantic Section of AUA Fifty-Second Annual Meeting in Philadelphia, PA,
September 21 – 24, 1994.
“Urological Techniques with the NG/YAG Laser”. Squadrito, J.F. and D. Pesio. Rush Presbyterian St. Lukes Medical Center, Chicago, October 7, 1994.
18. “Xintec ND/YAG Laser Assisted TURP – 1 Year Follow-up of Combined Technique”. Presented at Nippon Urologic Society Meeting, Tokyo, Japan, April 15, 1995.
19. “Laser Assisted TURP” – Video presentation – Squadrito, J.F., Jr., AUA Ninetieth Annual Meeting, Las Vegas, Nevada, April 26, 1995.
20. “Laser Assisted TURP” – Xintec Rotolase XT – Video presentation – Moreno, J.G. and Squadrito, J.F., AUA Ninetieth Annual Meeting Las Vegas, Nevada, April 26, 1995.
21. “Urological Techniques With ND/YAG Laser: Reduced Catheter Technique of Laser Assisted TURP”. Squadrito, J.F., Presented Mt. Sinai Hospital, Miami Beach, Florida, 1995.
22. “Use of Ketorolac Tromethamine for Radical Retropubic Prostatectomy Analgesia: Comparison with Narcotic Analgesics”. Squadrito, J.F.; Ellis, D.J.; Liberman, S.N.; Sansone, T.C.; Bernstein, G.T.; and Thompson, J. Presented at 53rd Annual Meeting Of Mid-Atlantic Section of American Urological Association, Southampton Princess, Southampton, Bermuda, September 17 – 20, 1995.
23. “A Prophylactic Vesicourethropexy For Post-Prostatectomy Incontinence”. Fitzpatrick, K.;
Oh, J.; Squadrito, J.F. Presented at Mid-Atlantic American Urological Association Meeting,
The Homestead Resort, Hot Springs, VA, September 28, 1997.
24. “Vasovenous Fistula After Vasectomy”. Squadrito, J.F.; Rajan, R.R.; and Guesta, K.H. Journal of Urology, Vol. 158, p.2243, December, 1997.
25. “A Prophylactic Vesicourethropexy for Post-Prostatectomy Incontinence”. Fitzpatrick, K.; Oh, J.; Squadrito, Presented by Dr. Fitzpatrick at American Urological Association National Meeting, 1998
26. 13th Annual Jefferson Urology Symposium, Course Co-Chairman Nov. 8 & 9, 2002 Thomas Jefferson University, Phila. PA
27. Miniminally Invasive Therapy for BPH ,Course Moderator. Certification in TUNA (Transurethral Needle Ablation Prostate) November 8, 2002
28. Interstitial Therapy of BPH-TUNA vs Indigo Laser- “Rapid Fire Session on BPH Therapy” Presented at MidAtlantic AUA, Boca Roton, Florida. Oct 2003
29. Latest Developments in Incontinence,Erectile Dysfunction,Vasectemy,Cystectomy. Session Moderator, Mid-Atlantic Section of the AUA, Cambridge, MD. October 3-6, 2004
30. Interstitial Therapy for BPH. TUNA vs.ILC, Presented at Thomas Jefferson University, Department of Urology, Centenial Conference, October 30,2004